- One handmade item made of any yarn, fabric, craft supplies.
- A food/snack/drink/sweet treat
- Two to five smaller items you think your partner would like.
- At least one skein of V.C. yarn.
- A card or note revealing who you are.
- Wrapping individual items is nice, but not necessary. Many use tissue paper and yarn or simple ribbon for the bigger things. Stickers on the box is fun!
My swappee was Ann and she lives in Southern California so all inital thoughts of a quick scarf went out the window and I thought about making a nice tote for her crafting supplies but I ran out of time so I made a slouchie hat out of Plymouth Yarn - Encore Chunky in a pretty Burgundy color using the Eco Green Pattern. Unfortunately, I didn't get to many pictures but here is a picture of Ann with the hat on.
|Picture courtesy of Ann from Ravelry|
She was more patient than I, and stared at the box I sent for 2 weeks before she opened it nearly made me tell her everything as she posted about her own anxious waiting. Thankfully she loved everything which makes it all worth while.
After everything that happened this holiday season, doing things for others really helped me to get through the rough time. I am so thankful to everyone who supported me through this project and offered help and assistance you have no idea how much your generosity meant to me. Thank You.
Tomorrow, I will tell you about what my own Secret Santa got me and it's penguin-licious!
Project details can be found here:
Hook - I/5.5 mm
Yarn - Plymouth Yarn - Encore Chunky in Burgandy
Duration - About 2 weeks (deadlines rock!)
Pattern - Eco Green