Wednesday, March 28, 2012

WIP Wednesday - Socks and Scarves

Happy WIP Wednesday everyone!  I actually have some marked progress to show this week so I am excited to share.

Progress!

So in the picture above are the Gryffindor Scarf and the Hummingbird Socks.

I wanted to go back to knitting with bigger needles to give my hands some relief so this had been my night-time knit.  I am at the second set of stripes and planned to work on it during the hockey game last night (Pens lost in an epic fail to the NY Islanders) and instead I fell asleep due to a headache and didn't do much of anything.


The hummingbird socks are a new pair of socks.  I am using Silver's Sock Class again without the ribbing to show off the fabulous Knit Picks Felici in Hummingbird.  Isn't the color great!  Saturated colors of green, teal, magenta and purple make me smile.  I hadn't anticipated casting on more socks but I like working on socks while sitting in traffic on my way home and its an easy travel project to have on hand.



In other WIP news, I have another blue square done for the Lego Blanket but it really wasn't worth digging out the squares for a picture before I left for work this morning.

I haven't worked on either the Falling Water scarf or the Karina Vest because I am trying to focus on the projects that are gifts for other people.


I have finally found time to read and finished a book last week but I am behind on my goal and need to get in gear.  I have a ton of books to read but really reading and knitting are a hard combination to pull off. Pictured above is what I am currently reading.

Here are some details about those books:
Breakaway is a part of the author's Blades Hockey Series.  I mean really Romance novels and hockey, what could be a better combination.  This one also has an Ireland flair to it and so far I am really enjoying it.
The Garden Intrigue is a part of the author's Pink Carnation Series that focuses on aristocratic spies and their romances during the Napoleonic Wars.  The novels are well written and fast paced and always make me want to read them in one sitting. 

I will keep updating my progress and post a review when I finish.

Don't forget to check out what other bloggers are working on at Tami's Amis

<3 Heather

16 comments:

  1. Breakaway is in my guilty pleasure reading queue! I have found a whole list of hockey romance novels on Amazon, when I feel like I need something different, I go to it.

    And that epic fail? What the hell is wrong with them? They had a chance on Saturday to overtake the Rangers & well let's not talk about it. Last night should have been a cake walk for them & instead it was like a horror show. ACK!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah really. Our Defense is really banged up hopefully we can get Letang back soon to sure up the blue line.

      Delete
  2. Do you enjoy the year 3-4 Hogwarts scarf? Mine's in Ravenclaw colors and I was really cruising on it, then had to stop about 2 months ago because I was literally too weak to handle that monster (it gets biiiiiig!). . . Otherwise I love it, and hope to have it done someday. Yours is looking good!!

    I love the yarn in that sock, too! What a day-brightener. :)

    I like to knit while watching hockey, too. It keeps me from going on a murderous rampage, which is all I ever really feel like doing with my team. (Ducks have been epic FAIL pretty much since they won the cup. I thought it was only supposed to be 1 season of the hangover, not YEARS. . .) :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah I really like Hogwarts scarf and doing the ribbing isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.

      As far as hockey goes, yeah cup hangovers can be a pain but there is always next year. It's rough being a fan particularly in down times but it really is rewarding to watch them grow too.

      Delete
    2. I was surprised at how little problem the ribbing posed! Just enough interest to keep me from getting terribly bored, not enough to drive me insane. ;)

      I keep telling myself a good fan supports the team no matter how bad it is. . . *cough* I try to be a good fan, but sometimes it's hard. :p
      You're a Pens fan, right? Fleury is one of my absolute favorite goalies. ♥

      Delete
    3. Fluery is pretty awesome. He had a bad night last night but he rebounds really well

      Yes it's hard to be a good fan, I love baseball but I was practically a toddler the last time the Pirates had a winning season let alone the playoffs. They stole my heart last year so we shall see this summer how they do.

      Delete
    4. Even the best ones have bad nights. I've seen 'em. Before he was replaced with a bum goalie, I thought Giguere was pretty amazing. He will always be my favorite. (The very first hockey game I ever watched--ever--was the game where the Ducks won the cup, so. . . Yeah.)

      Please don't hate me for being a Ducks fan (I'm hurting enough as it is). ;)

      I keep trying to get into both football and baseball but the teams I'd have any attachment to are not good enough to keep my interest. . . or barely even pique it. I suppose being a hockey fanatic is enough, right? :)

      Delete
    5. I don't hate you cause your a Duck's fan. I love that your a hockey fan! I really don't dislike the opposing conference except when we play them in a game or you know the cup finals ;).

      I can say that balancing sports love is almost a full-time job. I tend to cut back on football cause there are so many during the season between college and pro. I can say that being a hockey fan is definitely enough.

      Delete
  3. WHOA! Lego blanket looks AWESOME! That's going to be a fun one to watch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments. I think it will inspire me to keep at even more now that you've said that.

      Delete
  4. You have been busy, busy, busy! I seriously love how those socks are looking, so pretty! Also they are perfect for spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I think they are kinda awesome for spring! They just make me smile when I work on them.

      Delete
  5. The colors in the socks are beautiful. I love the Pink Carnation series, I'm not that far along, maybe book 4ish? I listen to them on audible while I knit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the first 6 books on my computer and would listen to them at work but not the last couple. I love her stories and I am so hooked on the present day story that it keeps me coming back.

      Delete
  6. Loving those socks--the colours are amazing! Silver's Sock Class is great, so helpful. I so want to cast on a pair of socks right now, but I'm resisting the urge until I finish other things. I hope! Love the scarf too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know that feeling. I have a bunch of yarn I just want to use but mainly it's for me so I am resisting to finish the gifts for other people.

      Delete