Tuesday, December 4, 2012

A funny thing happened on the way to bake cookies...

Hello All!  I  meant to post this yesterday but time got away from me.   I had a very interesting weekend and I need to share with you because scarcely believe what happened either.
All ready for the post office!

Saturday, started bright and early.  I had rented a moving van to take my old Mattress and Box Spring to my parent's house.  This set was a full and I had purchased a queen sized sometime this summer so the old set just hung out in my bedroom.  Really attractive I know.  So with the help from Becky, we loaded the van and took it home.  Now I no longer have to sleep on a lumpy twin on the weekends!

Later on in the day, I sent my parcel to my Nerd Wars Swap recipient.  I was so pleased that I had a ton of stash to make everything that the budget was spent on goodies!

After that, I went to dinner with my dad and this is where the weekend gets exciting.  During dinner, I get a few texts from my Best Friend Jenn.  She was having boy drama and I asked if she wanted to come over and make cookies with me. I use a recipe from PeppermintPlum's Blog.  The cookies are basic sugar cookies but they need sour cream to make them soft and fluffy like Lofthouse Cookies.  Yummy.

Anyway, we need sour cream so after I left dinner I stopped at the store to get the sour cream.  I bought the container and got back in my car and.....



backed into another car.  My first accident after 10 years of driving.  I really had no clue what happened at first. I was moving pretty slow but my back bumper is all scrapped up and the other drivers car was equally scrapped.  So we exchanged information and shaken, I went home.

I told my dad and then called my insurance company to submit the claim.  In the mean time Jenn came over.  I had no desire to bake at that point and neither did she.

We talked about her boyfriend problems include the new guy she met the night before.  She told him through text that we were baking and he asked for a picture.  At this point, we had no intention of baking so I did what any friend would do and threw flour at her to show that "She had been baking" and stood her next to the stand mixer with a spatula.

And we are stirring the fake batter!
So then he asks what the cookies are and when she mentioned sugar cookies (with sour cream.  We cannot forget the accident inducing sour cream) he asks what shapes we are using to cut them out.  Which means we need to create another picture.

Nothing to see here just some supplies for cookie making


So snowmen and tree were the shape of the day!  Then while they texting back and forth, Jenn and I were worried that he would want to see the final product.  Since there were no cookies to falsify, I googled and took a picture of a picture on my tablet.

Why yes we made thee....

The trick was to find the cookies that really did look home made and the lighting that was closer to something that could be obtained with a phone camera.

Really, we had a great conversation while figuring out these pictures and I felt like I was 16 again.  As much as relationships can be challenging, exciting or heartbreaking.  I am so lucky to have such a great friend in Jenn.  I hope that we are still doing goofy things like this when we are old and senile, because then we will have a better excuse for why we do this crazy stuff.

<3 Heather

2 comments:

  1. First of all, I'm so glad to hear that you are unharmed after the accident and that no one else got hurt either. That definitely isn't any fun. Yet again we seem to lead parallel lives because I was actually in my first accident too (Friday morning), I was rear ended. Ick!
    But I'm so glad to hear that you were able to turn it all around and enjoy the day nevertheless, you are such a positive person! I really hope that the rest of your week goes better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's too funny. We really do live in parallel. Hope your okay!

      Delete