Wednesday, September 18, 2013

WIP Wednesday - Stalled

Lately, I feel like I can't catch up.  The hardest part of September is getting back into the swing of school and work.  I lazed around during the summer only jump right back into a hectic schedule in the fall.

So today this will probably be pretty short because it's 10 AM and I still have a 2 page paper to write by 6 pm for class.  I have such good intentions not to procrastinate but alas I did.

In other news, I have been moved back to my old group at work.  Basically, the original move was the right decision but it was the wrong time.  It will be revisited after the holidays.

White Centered Granny Blanket

Another set of square ready to join!

Holy Cow!  I looked back at my last WIP Wednesday post and realized I haven't made much progress on anything in 2 weeks.  I realized with writing this blog that I have big spurts of productivity with some downtime in between.

On this project, I got all of the colored squares done but still needed to do the borders and weave in the ends.  So for the past two weeks, I have been working on the next set of 20 squares.  I broke this blanket into sections to make it seem less daunting and have had success so far.  As I finished bordering the 20th square for this section, I ran out of yarn.  I managed to find just enough ends to finish off the square but it was close.  So now to put the section together, I need to run to the knitting store and get the yarn I have on order.  I hope 10 balls of the white will be enough to edge 30 more squares and then the border.

Other Projects

Cherry Sundry has been my go to knitting project.  I have the first part of the pattern memorized and I basically repeat the pattern until I use 2/3 of the yarn by weight.  So while progress has been made, the pictures just look like a growing triangle.

Hue Shift Afghan my plan is as soon as I finish this Granny Blanket to get back to working on this.  Not only do I have two more sections to knit but I have to do some blocking to fix my gauge issue.  My gauge tightened during the second section and I am 0.5 inches off on each side of the block.  I did manage to order the Navy yarn I need for the border along with 15 other colors...oops :)

Diagonal Lace Socks I don't know if you recall these yellow socks I was working on.  In an effort just to get stuff done, I brought these out and started to work on the second sock.

For other WIPs check out Tami's Amis and Frontier Dreams

Check out my new meme Movie Madness Monday

<3 Heather

2 comments:

  1. It's okay, I've been having a huge problem keeping up with things too, including knitting! We can do it!

    ReplyDelete