Sunday, January 12, 2014

And we're back!

Hi there!  I made it through my surgery and am back in the game to bring you awesome movie updates and yarny goodness.  I will also provide you with some updates on my weight loss and things going on in my life.

Starting back tomorrow, I will begin the new year with a movie review and follow up with the usual updates on Wednesday and Friday with yarn projects in progress and completed.

Until then I wanted to update you all on what I have been up to in the past 4 weeks.  My Christmas was hijacked this year but really I didn't mind.  Due to some changes in my insurance, I really wanted to have the surgery completed before the end of the calendar year.  So when I started down the road with the surgeons office the only available surgery date was Christmas eve.  

Knowing this, I was really worried about surviving the surgery and I didn't want to ruin everyone's holiday.  Needless to say, the surgery was successful and the holiday was saved.

Picture of me before the surgery
As I lay there in the hospital, the true spirit of the holiday was presented.  My best friend brought me a care package that had some toiletries that helped me feel normal during my stay.  Thank goodness for deodorant and lip balm.  I also got notes and messages from friends and family checking in on me.  I was a little hyped up on pain medication and could only handle the briefest of responses but I really appreciated the gesture.

Once I got home, my friend Becky drove in from Philadelphia to come and stay with me.  She and I got to hang out and watch really bad TV.  I think I may have got her addicted to NCIS.  Really there were a ton of marathons on.  She also taught me some of the basics for Magic: the Gathering.  We had some wonky weather and she was able to leave on Friday to visit her parents before heading back to Philly.

While recovering, I did get some lovely surprises in the mail.  Quite a few people sent me get well cards but work really outdid themselves.  Samie was able to convince work to buy me yarn and patterns as a get well gift!  How awesome was that?

I definitely was feeling well after opening this!
I also got a Barnes and Noble gift card from my friend Dianne and quickly spent to help keep me occupied.  As time passed I was able to be more mobile and could drive.  I even got out on Thursday to my knit night.  

The good news is that I can head back to work on Wednesday which is just in time for my first class of the semester.  That day should be pretty busy but I might as well jump back into life with both feet.   

So far I feel great and have lost 25 lbs since the surgery and can now tolerate some food as I progress to a full recovery.   I just want to thank all of you for reading this blog and thinking of me during my surgery and recovery.   Now back to our regularly scheduled program.  :)

<3 Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment