Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes! (Update 1)

I haven't updated this blog in a bit but life has been a bit hectic these past few weeks.  Needless to say, I hope to get back into the routine this week.

Image by Wade Kelly
What I have to share today was a bit of a shock to the system last night.  Since my surgery, I have a ton of mental wins when it comes to the success of the surgery.  I am wearing pants that haven't been out of my closet in at least a year.  I am pulling on dresses that weren't as flattering as they used to be.  In general, the scale and the measuring tape have been telling a good tale.

But I still see myself everyday and like most women I still see all of my flaws in the mirror.  It doesn't matter that the scale says I lost 56 lbs since my surgery.  It doesn't matter that since my first weigh in pre-surgery in September I have lost 83 lbs.  I still see the thick thighs, the flabby arms and the large stomach.

That is until last night.

In a effort to document my success and comprehend the changes that were happening to my body, I ask a friend to take pictures of me.  So far we have hit around the same time, first with a base line picture before the surgery and 2 more after.  Here are the results.

Seriously how awesome is this!

There are no words, for how I felt last night when I put this collage together.  The scale and measuring tape are telling the truth and changes are happening.  And it's wonderful!

I get it now.  I can over look the arms, thighs and belly because they won't be there after awhile.  The time, money, and pain were worth it because I am changing.  And I can't wait to see what next month brings.

<3 Heather

1 comment:

  1. You are looking fabulous, Heather. And it's going to just get better and better.

    ReplyDelete