Thursday, June 26, 2014

WIP Wednesday - Err Thursday? #5

What a crazy week!  I went from dull and sedate to busy and hectic in a short span of time.  Sunday was my ::cough:: 29th ::cough:: birthday and the whole weekend was busy with family and friends.

Friday, I took the day off of work and went to the pool.  Nothing to fancy just wanted to cool off and get some sun, though I made sure to lather on the sunscreen.

Such a beautiful day,

Because on Saturday, I went and got my first tattoo.  I had mentioned that I was getting this before (well at least I think I did, old age sure does creep up on you! ;-) ) that my aunt and were getting matching tattoos for my mom.  Where here is mine.

Mom loved angels.

The angle of the picture makes it look a little squatty but really it looks nice.  The redness is gone and it already peeled just need to let it finish healing.

Sunday, I had a lovely dinner with Aunt Becky and Aunt Fran before heading back to my apartment to watch the USA vs Portugal World Cup match.  So annoying :-/

Then as one final treat to myself, I got a manicure and pedicure on Monday after work.



Then this week is also the week of my church's festival.  I took off Wednesday, Thursday and Friday to help prep and work.  I did have good intentions to post yesterday but never left the hall to get home.  That was a long day.  I am not due  back until 3 pm today so I have some time to share with you.

So without further ado, let's talk about knitting :)

Oh La La!



So I finished the first part of the back and the right front.  I need to start on the left front soon.


Willow Square Blanket



I did manage to get 2 more squares done.  Love how all of the colors work together.

Blast Off Shrug



I finally got my swatch done.

That's it for this week.

For other WIPs check out Tami's Amis

<3 Heather



No comments:

Post a Comment