Friday, August 15, 2014

The Highs and Lows of Life

So one of the reasons for my lack of posting lately has been some major changes in my life which are both good and bad.  I guess we can start with the good.

The Highs

Saturday July 5th, I went on an amazing date with a wonderful guy.  We met on eharmony and this was our first time meeting each other.  I was nervous but really had no idea that my life would change during that lunch.

So he decided to try on my glasses
Joe made me laugh and swept me off my feet in one afternoon.  He turned out to be everything I ever mentioned about a guy and more.  He is nerdy and sweet, kind and funny, and makes me want to be a better person.

Aren't we cute?

Seriously people I am in LOVE.  Since that date, we have been inseparable and I can't describe how happy I have been.  I don't really remember what life was like before July 5th.  Really this has been one of the major causes of my distraction and I wouldn't change I for the world.  :-)

The Lows

A couple things have really made this time suck too.  While I am deliriously happy and in love, I am also stressed out.

I made the decision earlier in July to break my lease and move home.  Between school tuition payments and my medical bills I just couldn't make things work anymore.  Dad has been awesome and is helping me break my lease.  The original plan was to be out by the end of September but that took a quick detour on July 29th.

It was a normal work day and I was plugging through email when my dad calls out of the blue.  He asks me if I'm sitting down and proceeds to tell me that he's been let go from his job.  What a crazy turn of events.  So I moved up breaking my lease and the past three weekends have been spent moving stuff home.  I am about half way done with getting the stuff moved but it's still a sad sight.

I love my little place but I know this is the right thing to do.  So I am sorry that things have been a bit quiet around here.  I think once everything is settled down, I should be back to my regularly scheduled programming here.

<3 Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment