Sunday, April 29, 2012

Crafting Balance - 3KCBWDAY7

Welcome again to the Knit and Crochet Blog Week, Day 7!  As we round out the last day of the Knit and Crochet blog week, we are asked to talk about our crafting balance.  


Details and Image care of eskimimi makes
What an interesting topic to round out the week.  In general, I am a newbie to the crafts. I re-learned to crochet in 2008 and have completed several projects.

Scarves, Squares, Blankets and Amigurumi!

But last summer I was enchanted by a knit hat and really haven't looked back.




When I started this hat, I didn't know how to cast on, knit, purl, knit in the round or do color work but the challenge of knitting was something that forced me to keep learning.

Since that time I have made another hat, started half a dozen other projects, finished socks....


Cables...



You know as I look at my WIPs and things that I have planned, I have turned into more of a knitter than a crocheter. I love both equally but it really depends on what projects capture my attention.

I really love both, I feel a connection to my great-grandmother when I crochet. I feel challenged when I work on knitting crazy socks and garments. I know I will balance both as need as I craft into my future.

<3 Heather

Check out other great pictures by searching for 3KCBWDAY7

No comments:

Post a Comment