Friday, July 13, 2012

Finished Object Friday - Green Lantern Square

I have another one.  These squares are quite addicting and take a small amount of time.  Which as any crafter will tell you, getting something finished and quickly is such a crafting boost.

As I mentioned with the Aquaman Square, I am knitting squared based on The Big Bang Theory episode that featured the Justice League of America.

This is my second attempt at a Colorwork design.  The key with these squares is that they require intarsia knitting.  I still have The Flash and Wonder Woman to come but here is the finished Green Lantern Square

Green Lantern!
As I make more squares the finished blanket becomes clearer and clearer.  Perhaps I will have it done by wintertime!

Check out more Finished Objects at Tami's Amis!

<3 Heather

Patten - My own (If you are interested in testing send me an email)
Needles - Size 7/4.5 mm with 24 inch cables
Yarn - Comfort Solids & Heathers, in Chalk and Adirondack
Duration - 1 Week
Size - 60 stitches by 60 stitches
Gauge - 5 stitches per inch

8 comments:

  1. I love this - you have done well with the pattern here. So unique and gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was a challenge to make square blocks into a circle

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to see the final FO when they are all done. My kids love this show, so might be adding it to my WIPs very soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can send you the charts if you are interested please just send me an email.

      Delete
  3. Wow, did you really invent that pattern? That is very clever. I will look forward to seeing the finished blanket, it will be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I found a tshirt image of the green lantern and sort of just colored in block in Excel until it looked right.

      Delete