Wednesday, August 21, 2013

WIP Wednesday - Shifting Hues 5

Well the summer is winding down and next week I start back to Grad School.  I just can't believe how fast the time has gone.  In a little more than a month, I will be a bridesmaid in my friend Becky's wedding and then it will be Halloween, Thanksgiving and the Christmas.  EEEEEEEEE!

I can't think about that right now but I know it will be here before I know it.  Instead let's see what I got accomplished.

Hue Shift Afghan

Quadrant 2 - All finished
I finished the second quadrant or section of my Hue Shift Afghan.  This means that I am officially done with half of the blanket.  I love the section as a whole but think the dark royal row is the best of this section.  The coordinating colors just pop.  I do love the 2 yellows in the top left square because it's so happy and sunny.

The next section is similar to this one just constructed in a different order.  I started the next set of blocks but decided to put it down for a bit.  I worked on these 25 squares fairly consistently for July and August and I need a bit of a break.  During the time-out on this project, I hope this section relaxes because it's smaller than the first quadrant.  I may have to block these to make the quadrants the same size before I start on the border.

The 2 quadrants lined up
As you can see from the border, the right set of squares are a little bit smaller than the left set of squares.  I did tie these sections together but only loosely to help the smaller section to stretch.

White Centered Granny Blanket

Red and White Squares!
In the meantime, I have continued to work on these squares.  In fact I have almost all of the colors crocheted (Blue, Orange and Cinnamon remain).  Last night I reviewed my squares inventory sheet and realized I had enough colors to start on the next section.  I have 11/20 squares done with white borders now I need to work on the rest and weave in ends.  Hopefully next week I can show you more progress on this blanket.

Other Projects

I worked on Cherry Sundry and Happy Street this week but unfortunately, they are still in the stages where you cannot see any progress.  I should have more pictures next week now that the 2nd quadrant of hue shift is done. Other than that I have just been enjoying my last week before I start my hectic fall schedule.  

Anyway, that was my week.  Hope yours is going well.

For other WIPs check out Tami's Amis and Frontier Dreams

Check out my new meme Movie Madness Monday

<3 Heather

4 comments:

  1. The Hue shift blanket is AmAZING. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the hue shift blanket!! Can't wait to see more of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I need a break but in a week or two i should be back at it.

      Delete