Monday, August 26, 2013

Movie Madness Monday 8


Welcome back.  This is a weekly meme where bloggers can share their thoughts on movies.  Any movie review is welcome including, new releases, old favorites or new found favorites.

What I am reviewing:

Star Trek: Into Darkness

image from imdb.com

I am really frustrated that I didn't see this in theaters but am happy that it finally came out on itunes.  I purchased it last night and as it was downloading started the movie.  The beginning opens with an allusion to what has been happening to the Enterprise crew since the last movie.  While on a routine mission to a remote uncivilized planet, they save the inhabitants from a volcano eruption but at the cost of violating a few key protocols.

The tone in the beginning is light and then the real plot begins.  We jump to London where we are introduced to John Harrison in a spectacular fashion.  From there the chase is on and we jump to the remote world of Kronos to catch up with Mr. Harrison who is a fugutive of the star fleet. Crosses, double crosses and triple crosses abound.

The movie was gripping and visually stunning.  I watched some of the special features and was pleased to see the amount of in camera work that was done versus CGI.  In conjunction with the story, the one liners in this movie were amazing.

Here are a few that I noted while watching:

Kirk to Uhura about fighting with Spock - "Oh my god what is that even like?"

Kirk to Chekov - "Go put on a red shirt"

McCoy - "Mr. Sulu remind me never to piss you off"

Kirk to Sock and Uhura - "Are you really going to do this right now?"

What I have reviewed:

We're the Millers
Pitch Perfect
Die Hard
The Decoy Bride
Despicable Me 2
Monsters University
Much Ado About Nothing

What I want to see:
Girl Most Likely - Open Now
To Do List - Open Now
The Heat - Open Now
The Spectacular Now - Open Now
Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters - Open Now
The World's End - Open Now

Don Jon - September 27th

Wait for BlueRay
Man of Steel
This is the End
Now You See Me
Fast and Furious 6
The Bling Ring

If you are participating in Movie Madness Monday, fill out Mr. Link Below. You do not have to comment but please link back to this post in your post to get the word out!

<3 Heather

5 comments:

  1. Star Trek is one of the few areas of nerdery I have yet to fully explore, but I'm sure I'll get there eventually. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I quite enjoyed this movie, and you've made me want to watch it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great to hear. I really liked it and I am starting to be a Trekkie.

      Delete
    2. That's great to hear. I really liked it and I am starting to be a Trekkie.

      Delete