Wednesday, September 25, 2013

WIP Wednesday - Final Countdown

The end of the month is approaching.  Fall is definitely in the air and all I want to do is bake.  Alas, I haven't had the time so hopefully there will be yummy pies to show in October.

As an update from last week, I did finish my paper though it put me behind on some work that didn't get caught up until Friday.  I ended up staying late on Friday to get everything done.  While it was exhausting, it was nice to walk in to work on Monday and be on track.

This weekend is my friend Becky's wedding.  Hopefully I should have some pretty pictures of my dress and the festivities.

White Centered Granny Blanket

Just one more section to go
So Saturday I picked up more yarn and got to work seaming section 5.  After completing that section, I realized I would have some extra squares and I added another column to the blanket.  So 12 more squares were bordered and stitched together and then Monday night I added section 5 and the column to my blanket.



I then tried to finish the last section but stalled and went to bed.  I hope to finish the last section tonight and finish the seaming.  While the main portions of the blanket will be complete, I still have the border to do.  I am thinking something lacy and scalloped.  Even though I am close to the end of the blanket and there is still a lot to do but I am on track to finish this blanket in September.

One thing to note is that this blanket will be heavy and warm.  I was shocked while moving it around to seam the last section how heavy it was. But then again I shouldn't be surprised because I have used 5 kg of yarn so far.

Cherry Sundry

An update!
This has been my go to knitting project when I need a break from the blanket.  So far I have used 48 grams of yarn and have about 30 more grams to use before I can start the hounds-tooth section.  Overall this pattern is nice and easy and will grow to about 100 stitches before I need to switch.

Ruby Red!

The red is such a lovely and deep color.  I love semi-solid yarn.  It always has such depth and character that solid color yarn doesn't have.

So that's all for this week.  Hopefully next week I will have an awesome finished object to share.

For other WIPs check out Tami's Amis and Frontier Dreams

Check out my new meme Movie Madness Monday

<3 Heather



3 comments:

  1. beautiful projects. that blanket is so big!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing projects, specially the blanket.

    Here'e my WIP: http://mibruno.com/en-proceso-107/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the blanket!! Both projects are gorgeous though. :)

    ReplyDelete