Wednesday, December 4, 2013

WIP Wednesday - Mitts and Lights

Hello again!  Welcome to December and all of the craziness of the upcoming holiday season.  I had a lovely Thanksgiving and then did some serious shopping the rest of the weekend.  I fell hard at Candy Skein and bought enough yarn for a sweater.  Now that I finished my cardigan, I want to knit all the sweaters!

Anyway, I have been listening to Christmas carols non stop and thinking about what I am going to get for my family and friends.  I also have plans to get some shortbread made as gifts for my swap partners.  Oh the lists keep on growing!


One down, One to go
I was clearly productive in the time off of work during the holidays.  I went from one cuff to a 1.5 completed mitts.  I have since weaved all of the ends in on the left mitt and started the fingers for the right mitt.  I hope to get the right one done tonight because I still have a hat to make for a gift.  

One thing I can say is that, while I like the finished result, this pattern is riddled with mistakes and some issues.  I followed the size small directions so far an had to make some modifications, thankfully I get the general construction and was able to fix some things.


Pretty Colored Lights!

I have had a Color Affection on my to do list for ages but hadn't found anything that inspired me to make the shawl.  Now if your a frequent visitor her at the musings, then you know I like me a garter shawl.  Anyway, I was inspired by Candy Affection by Maria of Kiwiria Knits and I found this lovely yarn at the Pittsburgh Indie Knit and Spin Festival.  When I saw the sparkily multicolored yarn from Fibernymph Dye Works I know it had to be a shawl. 

So I picked a lovely grey and went home to check out my stash for the third color.  I had a lovely teal blue in Shalimar Yarns Breathless and knew I found my set of colors.



So as soon as December rolled around I got my needles moving and started this shawl.  I am really pleased so far but I can't wait for the colors to start to blend and meld together.  But the stripy pattern is pretty awesome too!

So that's all for this week.

For other WIPs check out Tami's Amis and Frontier Dreams

Check out my new meme Movie Madness Monday

<3 Heather

4 comments:

  1. ooo I like your choice in shawl yarns, I love how many varied versions there are of one rather simple design

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I agree its lovely how a design can transform with everyone's imagination.

      Delete
  2. Awesome! That will look FANTASTIC! Can't wait to see it all knit up :)

    And thanks for the shout-out - always gives me such a thrill to see my name mentioned in other people's blogs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries I always believe in giving credit where credit's due.

      Delete