Wednesday, December 11, 2013

WIP Wednesday - Merry and Bright

What a week!  Pitt is technically in Finals but I just have a paper to submit before Friday at 6 pm.  The paper is complete just with my group for a final review.  That out of the way, I am back to my regular schedule and it's a little weird.  I really have lost track of what day it is because I'm not leaving for class on Monday and Wednesday.

I do want to apologize for not responding to comments this past week.  Something is wrong with the embedded comments and I cannot reply.  When I started my blog I promised myself that I would respond to every comment.  I really appreciate your insights and reminds me that there are people out there reading this.  :)

In another bit of news, this one's a big one.  I am having Gastric Bypass Surgery on December 24th.  I have kept things quiet while I was prepping and telling friends and family.  Now that it's so close I am excited but anxious about how rapidly it's approaching.  Please keep me in your thoughts.  With that said, I can't wait to post pictures of my weight loss.  I have lost 25 lbs in 2 months in preparation for the surgery.  My doctor wants me to lose 30 total and it's been a bit of a challenge.

Rigging Up the Color Affection


This is coming along nicely.  I have 8 of 12 stripes complete with only 4 more to go.  This section has flown.  I am also at the point where the stripes are mixing colors.  I like it but it took a while to get used too.  Its a little more muddled than the solid color stripes.  Anyway, can't wait to get it done.

Pittsburgh Panther Hat


This is a hat for my bestie's guy.  Like me he went to the University of Pittsburgh so I decided to make a Blue and Gold hat.  I looked for color work that was Pitt inspired but couldn't find anything so I settled on this pattern.  It was originally Steeler Black and Gold but the blue looks so nice. Since it lacks any logo, it can be worn anywhere.  I made a boo boo and misread the instructions. You're supposed to knit plain for 4 inches before the pattern and i knit 2 inches.  Sadly this is a but of a blessing because I was low on the navy blue so the hat will be predominately gold.

So that's all for this week.

For other WIPs check out Tami's Amis

Check out my new meme Movie Madness Monday

<3 Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment