Wednesday, May 28, 2014

WIP Wednesday - Three Quarters

Hello again, I hope everyone had a lovely Memorial Day and weekend.  I am so thankful to those who dedicate their lives to defending our country.  I definitely try to keep that in mind during the long weekend.

I did however have a nice relaxing weekend where I didn't do to much.  I basically hung out with family, went to the movies (Godzilla - it was awesome!) and cleaned.  Really exciting stuff but I did get a new duvet cover for my bed and new sheets to compliment it.  What was even better was that it was all on sale!  Score!

I got a new duvet cover and pillows :)
So in love with Pink and Orange right now
So other than that blanket work has kept me entertained these past two weeks.


Hue Shift 23.2
Three Quarters of the blanket are done!


So I have been super motivated to get this blanket done.  I really love seeing these blocks come together.  I did try and start to join them but the mattress stitch pulled the patterned stripes off and it hurt my brain.  I have a few tricks up my sleeve though.  I am going to try again but move a bit further into the block than my first test.  If that doesn't work then they are getting whip stitched together.


Hue Shift 23.3
The last quadrant

While I put the thoughts of joining in the corner to think about what its done, I started on the last section.  I purposely made sure this was the last section because these are my favorite colors of the blanket.  I knew when I started this thing that I was going to need a good motivator to get this last section done and so I put these colors last.

That combined with the Willow Square Blanket have really gotten me grooving on getting this project completed.  I even have the ends weaved in on two of the 3 completed quadrants.  Which is huge because there are a lot of ends.  I try and finish some ends after I complete a row so everything is ready when I start to join and complete the border.

I am going to modify the border on this blanket.  Since it's coming out smaller than I thought it would, I am going to make the border thicker to make the blanket larger.  I am also using Navy as the border instead of black like the sample had.

All in all I can't wait for this blanket to be done to snuggle underneath.

That's it for this week.

For other WIPs check out Tami's Amis

<3 Heather

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely love it - the colours are fabulous and I bet it will be very snuggly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the blanket! Can't wait to see it done :)

    ReplyDelete