Friday, June 6, 2014

Finished Object Friday - Hats Galore

So I sort of went on a hat making binge this past winter.  Alas I didn't really get around to telling the world about them but there is no time like the present right?

So here we go!

Pittsburgh Panthers Hat

Pittsburgh Panther Hat 1.1
P-I-T-T LETS GO PITT!!
I made this hat for as a Christamas Gift for Jenn's Fiance, Ryan.  As a fellow Pitt Grad, I knew I wanted to make him something blue and gold.  He is an insurance appraiser so I knew a nice hat would be the perfect thing for the rest of the cold winter.  

I found this pattern on ravelry because it showed a nice transition between the colors without screaming PITT!  I figured it would work in a work environment.  

The knitting was fairly easy even though I sort of mis-read the pattern and started the colorwork about 2 inches too early.  Oh well, I made it work and I think it turned out well.

Ravelry Page - Pittsburgh Panthers Hat
Pattern - Pittsburgh Steelers HatNeedles - US 7/4.5 mm
Yarn - Plymouth Yarn Encore Worsted Solids & Heathers
Colors 848 Navy, 460 Golden Glow
Duration - 10 Days

Recovery Katahdin

Recovery Katahdin 3.0
Lovely teal and brown

As a get well gift from work, I was sent oodles of yarn and two projects to work on.  It was a lot easier to knit and crochet while I recovered from surgery than to read.  I had the attention span of a gnat but stockinette in the round I could do from muscle memory.  Plus it was ever so forgiving when I put it down to nap for a bit.

So as I opened my lovely surprise gift, I knew I had to make this hat ASAP.  The pattern was awesome and taught me how to do a jog-less stripe which was awesome.  I loved this hat and wore most of the winter.

Recovery Katahdin 3.2
A little hat selfie


Ravelry Page - Recover Katahdin
Pattern - Katahdin
Needles - US 5 /3.75 mm and US 4/3.5 mm
Yarn - The Fibre Company Acadia
Colors Blue Heron, Pinecone
Duration - 14 Days

Hurricane During High Tea

Hurricane During High Tea 3.2
From the back
The lovely thing about evolutions is that they progress from one color to another.  This one went from a lovely plum purple color to a nice chocolate brown.  I made this hat with Jenn in mind even though it hasn't gotten to it's recipient.  I was really happy with the pattern and love the swirling purl rib that travels up the hat.  It was deceptively simple with a great result.


Hurricane During High Tea 3.1



Ravelry Page - Hurricane During High Tea
Pattern - Hurricane Hat
Modifications - Cast on 101 Stitches
Needles - US 5 /3.75 mm and US 4/3.5 mm
Yarn - Twisted Fiber Arts
Colors - High Tea Evolution (Fall 2013 Downton Upstairs Club)
Duration - 13 Days

Check out more Finished Objects at Tami's Amis!

<3 Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment