Wednesday, February 22, 2012

WIP Wednesday - Socks, Vests and Legos, OH MY

We are here again for another WIP Wednesday!  I love these days because not only do I get to share with you my progress but I get to check out what everyone else is doing and get inspired for more WIPs.  It's a lovely cycle.

I have a couple WIPs today, first here is an update on my sock from last week.

My First Sock!

I have another half inch done.  I love the yarn it is so soft and smooth and I really like how the 2X2 Ribbing is working up but I have been neglect of my sock at this time for another project.

As I wrote about on Monday, Sam and I took a knitting class to learn how to make the Karina Vest. We mainly took the time to swatch on Saturday but I worked on the pattern this week.  I started the ribbing but screwed up the knit 1 purl 1 pattern and ripped it out and started again.  Here is the work I have done so far:

Karina Vest
It really shows up pink in this light but it's a lovely orange Berroco Vintage Chunky in Pumpkin and it is so soft.  I just can't seem to put this project down. I still have a ways to go but I did the first 2 sets of shaping decreases and I checked my gauge and I am still right on track!

Next, I wanted to show you the new baby blanket I am working on.  I found this pattern on Pinterest and fell in love.  Really go check out the site and then come back.

Alright, welcome back :)  I mean how adorable is that lego blanket.  I have a friend who is due in a month and asked if she would like me to make the blanket.  I got an enthusiastic yes, so I went out and bought the yarn and set to work.



Aren't they adorable!  I did have to make a couple before I got the gauge but I really can't wait to get more colors to show you.  Alas, this had been on hold until I finish my exam today but I hope to get like 2-4 done a night.

Here are all of the WIPs, notice anything missing from last week?



You will have to just wait and see what I have in store for you on Friday!

As always, check out other WIPs at Tami's Amis

<3 Heather

1 comment:

  1. Couldn't find the pattern on Pinterest but would like to see your finished blanket. Looks like a nice baby present.

    ReplyDelete