Monday, July 29, 2013

Movie Madness Monday 4


Welcome back.

What I am reviewing:

Die Hard

image from imdb.com

I have to say that this movie is something that I knew I would like from the bits and pieces that I have seen over the years.  Honestly, I was 3 when the movie opened and prior to this view was a part of the cable edited version.  So no swear words.  Anyway, one night when I should have gone to bed, I that one of the cable channels was airing the movie.  I figured why not and started to watch.

The movie opens with John McClain, a police officer in New York, flying to LA to be with his estranged family for Christmas.  His wife Holly moved to LA to pursue her advancing career and John chose not to follow.  Upon arriving John is taken to his wife's office as a surprise, but the surprise is on everyone when a group of international criminals come in and take siege over the building.  One man is forced to taken on mercenaries, intrepid police and FBI to save lives.

I loved the movie, which is not surprising since I generally like loud action movies.  It was almost refreshing to see an R rate movie with just violence and no gratuitous naked bodies/love scenes. Anyway, Hans Gruber was an amazing villain and who doesn't love Alan Rickman (that hair was fabulous!)

All I have to say is Yippee-Ki-Yay....

What I have reviewed:

The Decoy Bride
Despicable Me 2
Monsters University
Much Ado About Nothing

What I want to see:
Girl Most Likely - Open Now
To Do List - Open Now
The Heat - Open Now
This is the End - Open Now
Now You See Me - Open Now
Fast and Furious 6 - Open Now
The Bling Ring - Open Now

The Spectacular Now - August 2nd
Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters - August 9th
Don Jon - September 27th

Wait for BlueRay
Star Trek Into Darkness
Man of Steel

If you are participating in Movie Madness Monday, fill out Mr. Link Below.  You do not have to commment but please link back to this post in your post to get the word out!

<3 Heather




No comments:

Post a Comment