Wednesday, July 10, 2013

WIP Wednesday - Shifting Hues 3

Holy Rain Batman!  We have had some severe weather today that has caused flash flooding.  We don't generally get a ton of severe weather (i.e. tornadoes, hurricanes, forest fires) but we do have a lot of creeks and watersheds that rise quickly when we get a lot of rain.  Needless to say, my commute this morning was rainy and gray.  Thankfully I am inside now and can get on with my day.

Hue Shift Afghan

Quadrant 2


Quadrant 4


On to the knitting, I was a bit possessed this week in working on the Hue Shift blanket.  I wanted to create all of the remaining purple squares to judge my usage.  The yarn that was recommended for the pattern ran short for a lot of knitters and I wanted to make sure I had enough.

In a week, I got the 10 squares done in purple and I weighed my yarn.  I have 30 grams left over.  So with that in mind, I am now just finishing quadrant two and then I will pick up quadrant 4 and make that section.

So far the blues, green and yellow look lovely.  I was getting tired of the reds and pinks and these cool colors are a nice change.  I don't think I can keep up this pace but I am going to enjoy it while I have it and then put it aside.  I also promised myself not work on them on Thursday during knit night to give myself a break and some variation.

Anyway, that was my week.  Hope yours is going well.

For other WIPs check out Tami's Amis and Frontier Dreams

<3 Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment