Friday, May 30, 2014

Finished Object Friday - Shapely Boyfriend

I truly try and let the yarn guide my project.  I want to love what I work on and I want the yarn that I am using to be the star of the project.

This project has some history.  It started it's life as a vest that I just wasn't pleased with and ended as a cardigan.  In the middle however, I decided to make it a different size and ripped it apart again.

Back in October, I decided I wanted to finish my half done sweater but when I looked at it I realized that I was making it too big.  I had just started my journey to weight loss surgery and knew that even if I finished before the surgery, I wouldn't be able to wear it for long.

So I started over and was shocked at how fast this project went.  I began with a new skein of yarn and once that was used I ripped out the needles on the old sweater and started to use the yarn that was already knitted.  I was about 4 skeins into the sweater and I didn't want to rip it out and re ball it.  So I am carried around 2 sweaters, one that is growing and one that is shrinking.

Shapely Boyfriend 4.0
Beginning Again.

I was shocked that in 6 short weeks I was able to finish the sweater.  I had the entire thing done and the buttons on but still had ends to weave in.  It was also about the time that I was prepping for surgery so I hung it up in my closet and left it alone for a bit.


Shapely Boyfriend 8.0
Buttons!


Then earlier this month I stared at my almost finished sweater and decided it was time.  Between loads of laundry I sat on my bed and worked through weaving all the ends.  It was done and time for it's photo shoot.

It's Done
Check out more Finished Objects at Tami's Amis!

<3 Heather

Now for the Details:

Ravelry Page - Shapely Boyfriend
Needles - Size 10.5 mm Chiagoo Red Lace Circular Needles/ Size 9 mm Red Lace Circulars for band
Yarn - 9 skeins of Berroco Vintage Chunky yarn in Pumpkin
Duration - 6 weeks
Pattern - Shapely Boyfriend by Stefanie Japel in Knitty Deep Fall 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment