Wednesday, March 14, 2012

WIP Wednesday - Can you spot the Difference?

Hello all!  I love WIP Wednedays but this week is a little challenging for me.  This past weekend my fingers flew on a project but it's still a WIP so I am asking you to spot the difference.  Shown below is the group picture from last week.

Last week's progress shot

Here are recent pictures of each project showing the progress I made.

Falling Water Scarf


Gryffindor Scarf


Karina Vest


Lego Blanket


First Socks
The difference should be obvious and there may also be a red herring in there.  So let me know which one you think is different and if you can't guess all will be revealed later in the week.

In other WIP news, I decided to take some inspiration from According to Matt and start a scrap blanket.  I had some yarn left over from my Green Merlot Hat and decided to make some Granny Squares.

Granny Squares (These are not what's different :P )
I also went through my stash to see how much scrap yarn I have and I was surprised at just how much was there.  I have come up with a dilemma though, what do you consider scrap?  I have some skeins of yarn that could feasibly be used in other small square projects and others that probably would only make 1-2 squares.  Where do you draw the line?

But, in general I really can't start putting them together as the colors right now are all pretty similar (Darn my love of Green!) plus I really don't have time right now to put them together.  This is definitely a long term project!

For other progress on amazing creations, check out the links at Tami's Amis!

<3 Heather

7 comments:

  1. The sock went backwards? If that's the case, join the club, my shawl that was finished is now back on the needles. Argh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Close. I will say that I didn't have to frog anything.

      Delete
  2. You must have finished your first sock and started the 2nd!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Green IS the best color out there. You have so many projects going on, it is highly likely that you are working on them all and so they all working up slowly. I'll bet you are getting way more done than you think you are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am also working on a blanket. I intended to use my scrap yarn but ended up buying more. I found out I didn't have enough on hand to make a blanket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suspect that may happen but I want to hold off as long as possible before I do

      Delete