Monday, November 18, 2013

Movie Madness Monday 19


Welcome back.  This is a weekly meme where bloggers can share their thoughts on movies.  Any movie review is welcome including, new releases, old favorites or new found favorites.

What I am Reviewing:

The Incredible Hulk

image from imdb.com
I admit that I got on the Marvel movie train a bit late but given the acclamation they have received, I decided to try them.  It's not that I don't like the characters but I guess I was always a DC girl and never ventured into this genre.  At knit night on Thursday, we some how got to talking about comics and one of the women brought up how Marvel took normal everyday people and gave them powers whereas in DC they were born with the powers.  She also brought up about relate-able the marvel concept was because that could be you.

 So when I saw the Incredible Hulk on TV, I decided to check it out.  The story is about a mild mannered scientist who was exposed to gamma radiation.  As a result, he turns into a huge hulking monster whenever his pulse rate gets to high.  Of course this results in a manhunt and an epic showdown.  I really liked the movie and now want to see all of the movies in the avengers series, maybe even the new Thor.  I was planning on seeing it for the shirtless scenes but now I may actually appreciate it more. ;)


What I have reviewed (last 5):

This is the End
Ghostbusters
Sense and Sensibility
Perks of Being a Wallflower
Don Jon

To visit the rest of the reviews, visit the Movies Page

What I want to see:

CBGB - 10/11/2013
Kill Your Darlings - 10/16/2013
Carrie - 10/18/2013
About Time - 11/08/2013
Hunger Games: Catching Fire - 11/22/2013
Frozen - 11/27/2013
Out of the Furnace - 12/06/2013
Savings Mr. Banks - 12/13/2013
American Hustle - 12/25/2013
August: Osage County - 12/25/2013

Wait for Blue Ray

The World's End - Now available on Blue Ray
Now You See Me  - Now available on Blue Ray
The Bling Ring - Now available on Blue Ray
Hangover 3 - Now available on Blue Ray
The Heat - Now available on Blue Ray
Pacific Rim Now available on Blue Ray

Girl Most Likely - Now Available on Blue Ray
Man of Steel - Available November 12
To Do List - Available November 19
Fast and Furious 6 - Available December 10

The Spectacular Now - Coming Soon
Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters - Coming Soon

If you are participating in Movie Madness Monday, fill out Mr. Link Below. You do not have to comment but please link back to this post in your post to get the word out!

<3 Heather

2 comments:

  1. I think I've caught this on TV as well. The Hulk always struck me as the hardest hero to relate to, at least in his 'Hulk' form. I prefer Edward Norton ; )

    ReplyDelete