Monday, October 7, 2013

Movie Madness Monday 14


Welcome back.  This is a weekly meme where bloggers can share their thoughts on movies.  Any movie review is welcome including, new releases, old favorites or new found favorites.

What I am Reviewing:

Don Jon

image from imdb.com
I saw this movie opening weekend and really needed some time to digest it before I wrote about it. This doesn't mean that I hated the movie, in fact I loved the movie.  I just needed time to gather my thoughts before I wrote a review.

The plot is fairly simple, we meet a guy who has priorities in life one being his p*rn habit.  Funny enough, he does well with the ladies but just has a better experience with his computer versus the real thing.  While out with the "boys" he meets a girl he considers to be smokin' hot.  They don't fall madly in love at first sight but he does track her down and starts a relationship.

While our boy is busy trying to hide his habit from his girl, Barbara, she is fascinated with sappy movies. I don't want to give anything away but Jon's experience in this relationship begins to change his viewpoints on love, sex and media.

And after watching it, I too had to question my vice of trashy romance novels.  I have been reading them since I could sneak them out of my Great Grandmothers closet when i was 13.  Couple those with the crap on TV and movie and I wonder if I have a skewed sense of what a real relationship should look like.

While I still enjoy a good love story, I think there is more than the meet cute, the fight and make up.  Now to apply that to my own love life.


What I have reviewed:

Lars and the Real Girl
Rise of the Guardians
Star Trek: Into Darkness
We're the Millers
Pitch Perfect
Die Hard
The Decoy Bride
Despicable Me 2
Monsters University
Much Ado About Nothing - Now available on BlueRay

What I want to see:

CBGB - 10/11/2013
Kill Your Darlings - 10/16/2013
Carrie - 10/18/2013
About Time - 11/08/2013
Hunger Games: Catching Fire - 11/22/2013
Frozen - 11/27/2013
Out of the Furnace - 12/06/2013
Savings Mr. Banks - 12/13/2013
American Hustle - 12/25/2013
August: Osage County - 12/25/2013

Wait for Blue Ray

The World's End - Now available on Blue Ray
This is the End - Now available on Blue Ray
Now You See Me  - Now available on Blue Ray
The Bling Ring - Now available on Blue Ray
Hangover 3 - Now available on Blue Ray

The Heat - Available October 15
Pacific Rim - Available October 15
Girl Most Likely - Available November 5
Man of Steel - Available November 12
To Do List - Available November 19
Fast and Furious 6 - Available December 10

The Spectacular Now - Coming Soon
Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters - Coming Soon

If you are participating in Movie Madness Monday, fill out Mr. Link Below. You do not have to comment but please link back to this post in your post to get the word out!

<3 Heather

2 comments:

  1. Oh, this makes me even more excited to hopefully see 'Don Jon' soon myself!

    ReplyDelete